My friends and I decided to go to the drag queen race that Spotlight put on. I have recently started attending Spotlight meetings. I want to start getting more involved. Spotlight seems like a great organization. Spotlight makes a lot of fun events. The drag queen race was at Hendrick's hall, which I had never been to until the show. The theatre was packed full, but we also followed Covid-19 procedures. I had such a fun time. I was laughing and cheering the whole time. I think doing drag is an amazing skill. It’s crazy seeing how they can transform. I love the whole community of drag as well. They are passionate about what they do and they are open to everyone. The drag queens in the show did an amazing job. The host of the show was a drag queen named Dorothy. She was dressed as Dorothy from the movie the Wizard of Oz. She sang a few songs and introduced the guests. There were 5 queens and they all performed. My favorite was Keke. She was the blonde queen wearing the pink outfit. She danced to Lady Gaga and she was very entertaining. My second favorite was Re Re. She was the only Latina and she was new to performing. Re Re had everyone dancing in the crowd. Another queen was dressed as Adele and she impersonated her. Everyone had their flashlights on while she sang “Someone Like You”. My friend, Timmy, had never been to a drag show and he was skeptical about it. He cheered the whole time and loved it. I think drag queens are inspirational. It takes a lot of courage to do what they do in this world. Their performances are also very impressive with how much they dance and move around. I know a lot of people look up to them, so I am glad people had a chance to watch them. I love that UCM is an open-minded campus. UCM allows people to be who they want to be. This school puts their students’ needs first. It’s comforting to know that I am at a school that wants me to be here. I am also glad that there are organizations like Spotlight that put on events like this one. They make sure that all of their events are open to all. I hope to get more involved in the organization this semester. I want to help plan events like the drag show because they are inspirational and exciting.

Comments
Post a Comment